Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Forgotten Garden

Kate Morton

I really want to give it 4 and 1/4 stars like on Star Search. :)


I really liked this book. It was a great break from a stretch of ho-hum novels. I have really liked several non-fiction books, but this is the first good fiction in awhile. I normally get very annoyed with switching narrators and times, but the author won me over. I loved hearing the story from several different angles and piecing the puzzle together with all of their help. The Secret Garden is one of the first "chapter books" I remember really loving, so I think that made me like the garden aspect of the book as well. Their probably were a few too many side stories for the present day characters, but I liked them anyway. This was a great read!
 
I have started using Goodreads!  It is a really fun website where you can put books you are reading, want to read and have read.  You can post reviews and updates as you go.  Are you on goodreads?  If you are let me know so I can follow you!

No comments: