Thursday, November 26, 2009

The 19th Wife

David Ebershoff

A friend at work shared this with me because she knows I am mildly obsessed with polygamy. Don't worry I don't want to practice it, I just think it is amazing that anyone is willing to. As I typed the author's name I was shocked to see a man wrote this book so much about women's emotions. He did a great job, although the more I think about it he did a good job of presenting how men are affected as well. Even though I considered polygamy a woman's issue it isn't at all and this book really presents it from a man's view. I think that is the sad part, it seems that everyone attatched to a family of this kind suffers men, women and of course children. Anway, I thought this was a good read. I liked that while it read like a biography at the end the author helped to clarify what was factual and what was not.
If you share my fascination you would enjoy this book.

No comments: