Monday, January 4, 2010

Last Night in Twisted River

John Irving

I am sad to say I didn't get to read nearly as much as I would have liked to over the holidays, but I did finally get this book finished. I really enjoyed it. I think that is interesting because I read it for my Tyler book club, and they didn't like it. We are all very dedicated to reading the book before we meet, but randomnly almost all of us didn't finish it. 4 of us ran out of time, 1 just couldn't get through it and one read it. I thought it was a good story. It was well written and presented several main characters with good development without being overbearing or long-winded about them. It was very tragic at times, but I feel like for some people that is real life, however I hope not mine. I think some of the ladies were offended or got tired of fairly strong political opinions, but for whatever reason it easy for me to see that as part of the character and not let it bother me whether I agree or not. A good, challenging read. I liked it!

No comments: