Sunday, March 6, 2011

Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood

Jim Fay & Charles Fay, Ph. D.

As I mentioned on my regular blog Avery has been getting into some trouble at preschool.  While we now think he is only a piece of the puzzle, we still decided this was a good time to have a little more method to our madness. 
Love and Logic was far and away the most recommended resource from our pediatrician to friends to the preschool newsletter. 

I really liked this book.  I liked that it was short and sweet, but thoughtful.  I liked that it had lots of examples.  I like that so far it is working.  A lot of it is not all the different from what we were already doing, but it gives us ways to do it better or lets us know we were already on the right track.  I of course do not agree with every single thing they say, but I would highly recommend putting this on your list if you are looking for some help with parenting.  I think I am going to read the extended version as well and then take a break for awhile.  I would love it if we could go to a workshop where we can ask questions, too.  I wonder if there is a version for preschool teachers I could give as a gift.  :) 

No comments: