Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Faithful Place

Tana French

Some of my book club friends were all pumped up about a new Tana French novel to read.  I have to admit I didn't even know who she was.  I thought this was a good book.  It took me awhile to get into it.  I definitely struggled with the colloquialisms (SAT word, huh) of another culture.  It got on my nerves throughout the whole book that I often couldn't fully appreciate the dialogue or know just how offended I should be by the cursing.  :)  I did like the story though.  It was a little predictable, but I liked learning about the relationships involved and the special place it gave to your first true love.  The book also makes you think about what your life would be life with a different parents and my sister would LOVE the importance placed on birth order in this family.  I think this is a good read if you can get past the language barrier even though it is in English.

No comments: