Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Second Opinion: Rescuing America's Health Care

Arnold S. Relman, M.D.

I read this for Michael's book club. Of course, he didn't read it.... but I did. I must say it was interesting. We are going to have to make some major changes in our health care system and I am interested to see what those changes are and how they affect me both as a patient and a nurse. I think the author makes some really good points, as well as some that are a bit extreme. While I think his plan has some great aspects I do worry about others. The discussion we had about this book was very thought provoking. I hope that the leaders who make decisions are reading books like this and others written by people in the medical field, not businessmen when they make decisions about health care.

No comments: