Monday, January 14, 2008

A New Element

I noticed on a friend's blog that she had a link to the books she read for the year and what she thought about them. I thought I would copy her in 2008! This way I will know what I have read and you can tell me what you thought about these books and maybe even suggest others for me to read as well. You should all do this, so we can share reads and have an on-line Book Club!

This year I have read 2 books so far:
Blue Like Jazz Donald Miller

I know everyone read this ages ago, but I had a hard time getting excited about a Jesus book so it took me awhile. I am glad I read it, there were parts I really liked and some that challenged me. I also liked that it was easy to read one chapter and then put it down for awhile, but this meant it took me forever to read.

My rating: 3.5 out of 5

Harvesting the Heart Jodi Picoult

Jodi P., as I like to call her, is one of my favorite authors. While this is not my favorite of her books I still enjoyed it and as always she challenged me to view the "other side" of an issue I thought I knew all about. It really made me think about the Mom's I work with and how they may be feeling sometimes when I am tempted to get judgemental because they are not bonding with their babies like I think they should. I think it was interesting timing that I read it while I was pregnant, I wonder if that was part of why I didn't read it as quickly as I usually read her books.

3 out of 5 but definately worth reading.

Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Maddie said...

I disagree with Blue Liek JAzz rating, I give it 5/5! I LOVED it! I have had some of the same searching thoguhts before and it was refreshing and encourgaing to me to know i am not the only one to doubts, but through that doubt comes the searching and through the searching came a better relationship with god for me