Monday, January 28, 2008

My Grandfather's Son

This book by Clarence Thomas was really good. I was very impressed with his candor even when it wasn't flattering. While, I don't know tons about him outside of the book I respected a lot of the things he had to say and where he has come from. It was very interesting to hear his perspective on so many different aspects of his life, especially his time at Yale and when he was in D.C. before joining the Supreme Court. I highly recommend this book as an interesting read. It was great for the trip, easy to pick up and put down but made me feel like I might have learned a little something, too. I hope it was an accurate representation of Justice Thomas, because I liked most of what I read about him, especially his honesty.

4.5 out of 5

No comments: