Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Paris Wife

Paula McLain

I thought this was a good book, but probably not a great book.  I loved the setting and learning about this time period from a different vantage point.  I don't know much about Ernest Hemingway, but I thought it was interesting to learn (I use that lightly since this was fiction based in fact) about his life near the beginning of his career.  I am never quite sure what to think of the fiction based in fact, because it is hard to know what to accept as fact and what is not.  I like things to fit in a box :)  I am tempted to read the biography of Hemingway mentioned in the sources, but not sure I care that much.  That tells me it wasn't an amazing book, but a good book.  I do think it will be fun to discuss at book club.  I am excited to see what the girls think!

No comments: