Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lit

Mary Karr

Ugh, NOT my favorite book. First, it took me about 6 chapters to realize this was a memoir and not fiction. Now that I am a kindle snob I often don't read the description for the book club books I just download and go. I was glad that Lit actually created great discussion. While thankfully none of us are alcoholics we do know and love some, and we all thought the reminders of the importance of prayer were very good. I think it is so telling that to be successful sober you must have a "higher power." I hope I remember to trust and talk to God without having to hit rock bottom like th author and her AA buddies. It was also a good reminder for me to be more patient and sympathetic to people who suffer from depression. However, there were times it was so whiney I thought I was going to lose my mind I already have all the whining I can handle from my 2 year old thank you very much. :)

No comments: